On Thursday March 5th, 2015 the Inaugural WORKING TITLE Quiz took place. The quiz was in aid of Mind, Brighton who work to promote good mental health in our city and across Sussex.
The Brighton digital industry was overdue an evening of relaxing, drinking, friends and raising money for charity. There hadn’t been a proper knees-up since Twestival and Digimas, which began the tradition years before.
- Contestants distinguishing and identifying: types of potato, beans, dinosaurs and skin diseases.
- Guessing Brighton coffee shops by their Trip Advisor reviews.
- The crowd failing to contain their excitement at the sound of the Crsytal Maze theme tune.
- Princess Bubblegum appearing in the fictional scientists round.
- Filling in the blanks of Argus Headlines e.g. “________ holds clue to murder” (poodle).
There was also an amazing raffle that ran alongside the quiz, thank you to all our sponsors who kindly donated prizes:
- From the North Laine Brewery: 2 bottles of wine, 2 dinner vouchers for two, 2 mini kegs and brewery tour for two.
- 2 film tickets from the Dukes at Komedia.
- A 12 month combined membership from Trusted House Sitters.
- 2 tickets and 2 Tshirts for the Brighton Bicycle Film Festival.
- From Fitbit: a Fitbit One, Fitbit Flex and 2 Fitbit Charges.
- A barrista course from Small Batch Coffee.
Congratulations to the Skiff for the victory, and good luck to them next year when they will have to defend their title. And a huge thanks to everyone who came and supported the quiz we raised £1,083 in total!
Special thanks to my co-organisers:
Rob Pearson – the host with the most, and the genius behind the questions.
Luke Hay – for managing the floor and running the raffle.
Tristan Bailey – for managing the riff raff.
Andy Keetch – for acting as bouncer (doorman) and selling tickets.